What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded on to your computer when you access certain websites. In general, cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s computer.
The most important thing to know about cookies placed by Ibiza Boat Club is that they make our website a bit more user-friendly, for example, by remembering site preferences and language settings.
How do we use them?
- Analysing visitor numbers and behaviours, such as what pages are frequently visited, to understand how you use our website.
- Assessing, analysing and improving the success of our advertising campaigns, offers and communications.
- Targeting suitable advertising messages.
- Understanding which Affiliates have helped us reach out to new customers, or have promoted our products on their websites
- For security needs and fraud-protection purposes and in order to identify and prevent cyber-attacks.
- Keeping your preferences like language settings.
Cookies that are used by ibizaboatclub.com should be divided into two types:
“First-party Cookies” - Cookies that are placed by Ibiza Boat Club
“Third-party Cookies” - Cookies that are placed and used by third-party companies which are Ibiza Boat Club’s partners
It is important to note that ibizaboatclub.com cannot access third-party cookies; nor can other third-party organizations access the data in the cookies we use on our website. Ibiza Boat Club doesn't allow third-parties to use the cookies for any purpose other than those described in the next sections.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four main types.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you're browsing on Ibiza Boat Club, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How long do we save your cookie settings?
Depending on their function, Cookies may have different durations. There are session cookies and persistent cookies:
Session cookies only last for your online session. It means that the browser deletes these cookies once you close your browser
Persistent cookies stay on your device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie
How to manage cookies
Alternately, it is also possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
Please note that deleting our cookies, disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
To opt out from and prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics across all websites, check out the following instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.